L82 Construction Inc. has a comprehensive Health & Safety Program and maintains a good record with The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). L82 strives to ensure compliance with all new regulations to protect employees, contractors, suppliers and visitors. Protection of everyone on site from injury will always be our continued objective.
All supervisors will be held accountable for the health & safety of workers under their supervision, the safe working condition of machinery, equipment and personal protective devices.
Employees receive ample training with respect to their specific tasks to protect their health and safety. Employees also must work in compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act as well as any applicable regulations.
Commitment to Health & Safety forms an integral part of L82 Construction culture from the President to the employees.
Safety is our top priority
- All supervisors must complete the Construction Safety Associated of Ontario C.S.A.O supervisor training course
- All employees are trained in confined spaces and working in confined space safety which was established in 2004 with the assistance of Hetek Consulting
- All supervisors must complete the Supervisors Health & Safety in 5 Steps
- All supervisors completed the St. Johns Ambulance First Aid Training
- All employees are given a presentation yearly on the “Guidelines for Excavating in the Vicinity of Gas Mains” as required by TSSA
- Supervisors are required to hold weekly toolbox meetings at each job site
- All employees are trained in the Workplace Health Management Information System (WHMIS 2015 & GHS)
- All site staff hold a certificate for Health & Safety in 4 Steps
- L82 Construction presents an annual safety meeting
- L82 completes a yearly audit of our health and safety policy
- L82 participates in the “Early Return to Work Policy” as recommended by the WSIB. This entails finding suitable work to accommodate injured workers if at all possible.